We are always looking for volunteers to build up our community!
Fundraising, Communications and Project Support Officer (Volunteer)
Position: Fundraising, Communications and Project Support Officer (Volunteer)
Duration: 3-6 months
Working time: Part-time (50%)
Contract type: Volunteer/ Internship
Timeframe: Receiving applications on a rolling basis
The Enlightened Vision Association (EVA) is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious, non-governmental organization (NGO) based in Geneva, Switzerland. EVA is seeking a highly motivated individual to support the development and rollout of EVA’s fundraising strategy, provide communications, advocacy and outreach services and contribute to the development and monitoring of EVA’s projects.
EVA engages a comprehensive approach to support marginalized groups and to contribute to building the individual and community capacities to better manage their socio-economic integration in the society they belong to. Through various projects, EVA aims to address concerns related to social inclusion and access to education of marginalized groups such as refugees, minorities, and indigenous populations.
The objectives of EVA are the following:
- Provide support to minorities, indigenous people, refugees and marginalized groups through educational and cultural activities to ensure the preservation of cultural traditions, particularly in remote and marginalized areas of the Himalayas.
- Provide culturally specific education and training programs with a focus on gender, traditional knowledge and confidence building.
- Support projects that aim to identify and protect historically and culturally significant artistic skills and traditional knowledge by promoting the development of traditional Himalayan art and crafts.
EVA’s current portfolio focuses on the preservation and promotion of Himalayan heritage and cultural values through a range of projects, such as:
- Establishment of the International Himalayan Tibetan School, Siliguri, India
- Student Sponsorship Project, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Support to the Tibetan Medicine School, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Promotion of Himalayan traditional knowledge and ancestral tradition through cultural events in Geneva, Switzerland
1. Support the development and rollout of EVA’s fundraising strategy
- Collaborates to the development of the operational project-based fundraising strategy
- Develops a list of potential institutional and private donors, including organizational profile, funding areas, funding application guidelines and deadlines
- Plans and coordinates fundraising activities targeting institutional and private donors
- Contacts potential donors and monitors funding applications
- Prepares fundraising reports
2. Communications, advocacy and outreach for EVA’s projects
- Develops communications and advocacy materials
- Edits, reviews, drafts communication content (print, online)
- Translates and proofreads communication content in English and French
- Updates EVA website content
- Contact and maintains a list of printing service providers, including price offers
3. Support to the development and monitoring of EVA’s projects
- Provides support to the organisations of public events in Geneva, as per EVA’s work plan for 2013
- Monitors the roll-out of EVA’s projects
- Contributes to the development of activity reports
- Contributes to the preparation of project proposals and funding applications
- Participates in EVA’s meetings and prepares quarterly meeting reports
- Ongoing or completed post-graduate studies in Communication, Marketing, Humanities, International Relations, Social Sciences
- Experience in fundraising, communication, marketing and advocacy, particularly for the non-governmental sector
- Proven analytic and writing skills, preferably both in English and French
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, preferably both in English and French
- Motivated, proactive, independent and responsible
EVA is accepting applications on a rolling basis. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your CV and a cover letter.